It’s been several months since I started using essential oils. I still can not believe how versatile they are. I used to think that essential oils could only be used in aromatherapy and to be honest, it kind of pushed me away from trying them out. Why? Because I associated these oils with the stinky smell of some aromatherapy stores. Little did I know at that time, but there is so much more to essential oils that people don’t know about. The great part about essential oils is that they are highly concentrated plant elements that are extracted from the roots, stems, seeds, gums, needles, bark or resin of numerous types of plants. This means a little goes a long way.
21 Surprising but Brilliant Uses For Essential Oils Everyone Should Know
- Seasonal Threats: Melaleuca oil protects against environmental and seasonal threats.*
- Laundry: Add 2 drops of Melaleuca to a cup of white vinegar and add it to a load of laundry.
- Sparkling dishes: Add lemon essential oil to the soap dispenser of your dishwasher.
- Vacuum cleaning: Add a drop of lemon essential oil to your vacuum bag for a great smell.
- All purpose cleaner: Mix 2 teaspoons of tea oil with 2 cups of water in a spray .
- Manage occasional acne: Apply a dab of tea tree oil to the blemish.
- Mood: Diffuse lime oil to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Insect Repellent. Mix 15 drops of tea tree oil with a quart of water and spray on problem areas.
- Face Cleanser: Combine maleleuca one to two drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties.
- Outdoor: Rub lemongrass oil or spritz on skin before going outside.
- Fruit fortifier: Add 2-3 drops of geranium essential oil to a paper towel and place on the bottom of a fruit basket.
- Clean your mattress: Add several drops of lavender essential oil to a cup of baking soda and sprinkle over mattress. Leave on for 30 minutes and then vacuum.
- Relieve tension: Apply 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil to temples, forehead and back of neck to relieve tension.
- Polish silverware: Mix 5 drops of lemon essential oil for 1/2 cup olive oil and polish.
- Respiratory: Lemon supports healthy respiratory function.
- PMS: Apply lavender essential oil on and around the abdomen.
- Treat leather. Use a lemon essential oil soaked cloth to treat leather.
- Bed Time: Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Occasional Nausea: Ginger may help reduce occasional nausea.
- Geranium: Apply to skin after a shower for a smoothing effect.
- Yoga: Diffuse frankincense during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
This content will be shown after all post