Honey and bee pollen are the most amazing superfoods. Thousands of years before table sugar was invented, honey and bee pollen were used in both food and medicine. At some points in history, bee pollen was highly prized It possesses a unique combination of minerals, vitamins, amino acids and enzymes which makes it the most potent super-food in the world. Fortunately, bee pollen is gaining popularity as a very effective immune booster and a powerful defender against toxic substances in the environment.
What is Bee Pollen?
Bee pollen (here) is food for a young bee. Called bee bread, bee pollen is a tiny granule of pollen formed by bees to feed the hive. Bee pollen also consists of nectar and bee saliva. One of the most fascinating facts about bee pollen is that it can never be reproduced in a laboratory. When researchers try to feed bees man-made pollen, the bees die. As much as science has progressed, it still cannot identify some key elements contained in bee pollen. The exact composition of bee pollen has to do with the location and the various plants from which bee pollen is collected. But the overall composition has massive amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and nutrients. Bee pollen consist of 40% protein… which is very well absorbed by the human body. No wonder it’s considered one of the most complete natural foods. Bee pollen is the most abundant known source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, natural antibiotics, hormones, enzymes and fats.
Bee pollen is a rich source of:
10 Proven Powerful Benefits of Bee Pollen
- Boosts Energy. Bee pollen (here) consists of 55 % carbohydrates and almost 40 % protein, making it a great source of energy. Due to its massive amount of protein, bee pollen can be used as a natural supplement for bodybuilders.
- Infertility problems. Research has proven (here) that bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian functions thus boosting fertility. Bee pollen also acts as aphrodisiac!
- Treats allergies. Bee pollen contains quercetin which is known for its ability to minimize or neutralize histamine responses. (here)
- Aids in weight loss. Bee pollen stimulates the metabolism which promotes increased energy and weight loss
- Improves skin. According to Dr. Lars-Erik Essen, a Swedish dermatologist who first started using bee products for skin issues, “[Bee pollen] seems to prevent premature aging of the cells and stimulates growth of new skin tissue,” says Dr. Essen. “It offers effective protection against dehydration and injects new life into dry cells. It smooths away wrinkles and stimulates a life-giving blood supply to all skin cells. The skin becomes younger looking, less vulnerable to wrinkles, smoother, and healthier with the use of honeybee pollen.”
- Immune system booster. Due to proteins, mono and polyunsaturated fats, vitamins B, C, D, E, and beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, selenium, nucleic acids, lecithin, and cysteine in been pollen, it is very effective in strengthening the immune system.
- Aids the cardiovascular system. Bee Pollen possesses great amounts of Rutin; an antioxidant that helps strengthen blood vessels and capillaries. It exhibits anti-clotting properties which can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Low or high blood pressure
- Nervous system problems
- Improves Digestion
How to Consume Bee Pollen
Make sure bee pollen comes from a reliable and organic sources. Bees should not be exposed to chemicals and/or high fructose corn syrup.
Stakich BEE POLLEN GRANULES 1 lb – 100% Pure, Natural, Unprocessed –
Anya: Thank you for this post, however it leave out critical information. I have some bee pollen sitting in my refrigerator for two months now. I do not know how or how much to use, what is too much, is it heat sensitive, can I put it in soups, what is the shelf (or refrigerator) life. Etc. Just some ideas for your next report. Best wishes, George
Hi George! Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely write another post on the practical uses of bee pollen.
I discovered your blog web site website on the search engines and check several of your early posts. Always sustain up the very excellent operate. I lately additional increase Rss to my MSN News Reader. Looking for toward reading much far more on your part later on! ckadceaeedkebafg
Bee pollen is a great supplement. I’ve been taking it for years, and hardly ever get sick. When the rest of my family are all coming down with a cold or flu, I up my dose of bee pollen a little and almost always avoid getting sick. I wonder if some of the active immune boosters in pollen are the same as for Manuka honey (which my parents swear by).
I have been using bee pollen for over 2 years for my skin. I have rosacea, along with that comes adult acne. I used to have breakouts all the time, now I rarely have them. It’s amazing. Thanks for the article!
Hi Karen! Thank you for visiting! and WOW! What a great testimony! I love bee pollen!