Nutmeg has a refined, sophisticated and very pleasant aroma. It is not only great in baking and cooking, it also possesses a variety of healing properties which are widely used in medicine. Amazing Healing Properties of Nutmeg are due to…
Large amounts of vitamins: B1, B2, B4, A, C, PP, beta-carotene, folic acid, pyridoxine (B6). Also several macro-elements: calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus. And, trace elements such as: zinc, iron, copper, selenium and manganese. In addition, nutmeg contains saponins, eugenol, essential oils and various pigments.
7 Amazing Healing Properties of Nutmeg
1. It controls and eliminates acne: Due to the ant-inflammatory properties of nutmeg, it will help reduce and control acne. You can make the mixture by grinding 2 – 3 nutmeg seeds (here) and add some milk (preferably raw or from grass fed cows) to make a paste. Spread the mixture on your clean face and leave on for about 2 hours. Rinse off the mixture with warm water and then wash your face with cold water to close the pores.
2. It helps with the digestive system: Nutmeg restores proper digestion. It stimulates the appetite, helps get rid of problems such as indigestion and intestinal infections due to its tonic, antibacterial and astringent properties. Just sprinkle a little nutmeg on your fruit or add it in smoothies.
3. It is an effective sleep aid: Drink a glass of raw grass fed milk with a dash of nutmeg.
4. It relives tooth pain: Nutmeg is a common ingredient in many toothpastes due to its antibacterial properties. It kills the bacteria which causes cavities. For toothaches, place 1 drop of nutmeg oil (here) on a cotton swab and apply it to the gum area around the tooth. Repeat this procedure several times a day. Since it possess excellent sedative properties, nutmeg is used to relieve muscular and joint pain.
5. It relieves stress instantly: Nutmeg is a stimulant which helps to increase brain function. It helps relieve stress and anxiety.
6. It helps with sexual performance: Nutmeg is knows for its aphrodisiac properties. It is a stimulant for the central nervous system. Research has proven that nutmeg helps elevate sexual potency without any dangerous side effects.
7. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles: Nutmeg contains an enzyme that breaks down elastin, which keeps your skin firm and young.
This content will be shown after all post