Some bugs are truly annoying! Getting rid of them often seems like an unbearable task. They multiply so fast that simply getting rid of overripe fruit is not enough. You almost have to skip on eating fruits altogether to get rid of these pesky creatures. Even though bugs only live for about two weeks, the female can lay as many as 500 eggs. So getting rid of bugs fast can be challenging.
One of the most effective ways to ward of bugs is to make a vinegar trap. Some bugs use their sense of smell to find fermenting produce, that’s what makes vinegar so effective. The vinegar trap will lure fruit flies in and prevent them from escaping.
How to ward of bugs Naturally and Fast
What you need
- 1/2 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (where to find)
- 1 Tbsp of Liquid Dish Washing Soap
- 1 empty glass
- plastic wrap
- Mix apple cider vinegar with the dish soap in a glass.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the glass. Secure the wrap tight with a rubber band.
- Make holes in the plastic wrap.
- Place your vinegar trap in the area where you see the most fruit flies.
- Fruit flies will fly into the glass, pass through the hole in the cellophane and become trapped in the glass.
Warding off bugs: Alternate Ideas
The vinegar trap isn’t the only method… Essential Oils such as lemongrass can also help keep fruit flies away.
Lemongrass essential oil won’t kill bugs, but sure can keep them at bay (along with a number of other pests.)
You will need:
- 10 drops of Lemongrass essential oil (where to find)
- A clean spray bottle
- 2 ounces of hot water
In a spray bottle mix water with the oil with water and shake well. Then spray all areas where you see the flies: walls, ceiling, whatever. Eventually the critters will disappear.
Certain bugs flock to wine as well. Just crack open a wine bottle. Empty the bottle so that there is an inch or less of wine at the bottom. Place the bottle on a counter or table in the kitchen or wherever you have the biggest bug problem. The bug will be attracted by the wine scent but will drown in it.This content will be shown after all post