Papaya has been used for skin care since ancient times. This delicious tropical fruit is known for its ability to create radiant skin. This sweet fruit is beneficial not only when consumed, but also when used externally. Papaya restores luster to the skin and can improve the tone (especially on the face and neck). If your skin has became dull and lifeless, you can make natural facial masks with papaya at home. Natural substances contained in this fruit are very beneficial for the skin (such as enzymes, which treat skin irritation and/or sunburn). Most of all, papaya helps fight free radicals that cause aging and wrinkles.
Health Benefits of Papaya For The Skin
- Papaya fights free radicals and helps to reduce skin spots, making the skin young and fresh. The enzymes found in this fruit can also heal burnt and irritated skin. If you regularly use masks with papaya, your skin will become healthy, radiant and youthful.
- Papaya is enriched with vitamins C and E, which help restore skin elasticity. Vitamin C is a key proponent of collagen and elastin synthesis in our bodies.
- Papaya contains papain, which exhibits a tremendous ability to restore skin. This substance increases hydrolysis amides, protein, essential amino acids and peptides. Papain contributes to the breakdown of fats, proteins, helps to digest carbohydrates and other nutrients. In addition, papain has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It breaks down fibrin and removes toxins from the body. It’s very beneficial for the skin as it helps repair wrinkles.
One Simple Way To Take Years off Your Face with Papaya
- Take a ripe yet firm papaya and clean it (remove the seeds and cut the flesh into small pieces).
- Put them in a blender and puree until they turn into a uniform soft paste. Do not add any other ingredients.
- Use this paste on your face – it will refresh and soothe the skin. It is better to apply the mask while laying down (until the paste dries as the mask can get runny).
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
- This can be repeated twice a week to prevent wrinkles and help renew your skin.
If you have very dry skin, add a teaspoon of honey before applying. This mask softens the skin and reduces irritation.
To refresh your complexion you can add a few drops of lemon juice (this mixture can also be effective for the neck).