Minimizing stress and adding moderate exercise has also proven to be effective. Sweat can act as a trigger or exacerbate eczema. So avoid sweating whenever possible or shower immediately afterward sweating.
Increase your omega-3 intake with avocados, fresh salmon or tuna from unpolluted waters, eggs, organic raw nuts, and organic hemp, chia or flax seeds. Two tablespoons or more of flax seeds need to be ground with a coffee grinder just before consuming them.
While you’re working on a permanent cure, there are natural, homemade applications that help relieve symptoms without the dangerous side effects of prescribed or over the counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals.
Ten home remedies for symptomatic relief
(1) Organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil is better than those pricey creams that a dermatologist offers.
(2) Apply vitamin E oil, especially natural D-alpha tocopherol with mixed natural tocopherols. You can break open gel capsules for the oils. Avoiding synthetic vitamin E oil is tricky. So read labels closely, research, or ask a reliable sales person. Avoid vitamin E acetate.
(3) Make a strong brew of chamomile tea from fresh dried herbs by steeping for 15 minutes minimally. Apply to the eczema area with gauze for 20 minutes. This can be done more than once daily to relieve acute symptoms.
(4) Aloe vera gel, especially when mixed with vitamin E oil, is a useful symptom remedy. Gels from freshly cut aloe vera leaves are optimum.
(5) Ten drops of gentian tincture before each meal helps the digestive system eliminate toxins that can irritate the skin. Take as often as needed.
(6) Cut thin slices of a whole organic cucumber and allow the slices to soak for at least two hours. Filter the liquid and apply it with a clean cloth or gauze where needed.
(7) Place 50 grams of ground horsetail plant or herbs in a quart or liter of water and boil for 10 minutes, allow some cooling, then filter the liquid into your bath water for a 10 minute bath.
(8) Flower power: Make a tea of calendula, a marigold flower, with five drops of lavender essential oil added, then apply to the affected area twice a day until the irritation is relieved.
(9) Skin three organic carrots and boil them till they’re soft. Mash until you get a smooth paste, and then apply to affected areas for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water when finished.
(10) Mix a tablespoon of medical or food grade ground juniper berry (3), with a tablespoon of sage and a tablespoon of thyme into a cup of boiling water, cover and let stand for five or more minutes. Drink the whole cup after your main meal.
For a complete natural cure from eczema, look over two different books via embedded links within source articles (1) and (2) below. There is no connection to Natural News or this author with either book sale.
Sources for this article include:
This content will be shown after all post