Have you ever thought of rosemary as more than just a culinary spice? This might surprise you but rosemary has been used for centuries to treat hair, skin, respiratory and memory problems. It not only stimulates hair growth and makes your hair shiny, but also helps prevent and combat dandruff. As a bonus, you hair will smell heavenly… given that you like the smell of rosemary.
Why Rosemary Is The Best Herb For your Hair
- Rosemary (here) has traditionally been used for hair growth as it stimulates hair follicles.
- It helps to slow down hair loss and prevent the appearance of gray hair.
- Rosemary prevents the falling off hair during brushing and minimizes hair loss during the day.
- Rosemary acts by increasing circulation to the scalp which leads to renewed cellular health. Increased circulation boosts nutrient absorption to the scalp and hair.
- Rosemary’s properties make it an effective tonic for bald people or those who are starting to go bald.
- Rosemary oil can darken your hair which is good for those with gray hair.
- Rosemary is also great for dry and flaky scalps. It nourishes the scalp and removes dandruff.
How to Use Rosemary for You Hair
Rosemary oil (here) can be used directly on the scalp. Rosemary can also be used as a tea rinse for hair. It is ideal for people with dark hair because it brings out their highlights.
Rosemary tea recipe for hair
Pour a cup of boiling water over 2 teaspoons of dried or fresh rosemary leaves (here). Cover and allow steeping for 15 minutes. Once the tea is done, let it cool. Apply the rosemary tea to damp shampooed hair. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse the hair with warm water.
Rosemary vinegar recipe:
- Pour boiling water over 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves.
- Allow it to steep fro 20 minutes.
- Strain the tincture and let it cool down
- Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Shampoo and rinse your hair as usual.
- Pour the mixture over head. Do not rinse.
This content will be shown after all post