This refreshing mojito recipe is delicious and easy to make. You can serve this dish with fried bananas.
Mahi Mahi with Mojito Sauce
- 2 pounds mahi mahi (or any other white fish), cut into large piece
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Juice of 1 lime and 1 orange
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mash garlic, salt, and peppercorns into a paste, using a mortar and pestle (or you can mix everything in a blender). Mix in orange and lime juice, and onion.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil, whisk in the orange-lime mixture and add the remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season fish with salt, pepper, and some lime juice. In the same pan, sauté fish until golden brown on both sides. Add mojito sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro before serving.