This chicken is so easy to prepare. It is fabulous for all occasions.
Maple Thyme Chicken with Chard
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/3 pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- sea salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken leg quarters and set them in a baking dish snugly
- In a bowl, mix together the maple syrup, vinegar, oil, cayenne pepper.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, brushing occasionally with the pan juices. (If the juices are burning, add a little bit of water to it)
- When the chicken is done, pour the pan juices over it and serve immediately.
- You can serve this chicken dish with sautéed chard or any other greens.