The Fig is a repository of various nutrients. Fresh figs are simply invaluable. They contain proteins, cellulose, pectin substances, organic acids, vitamins A, C, B1, B3, PP. Also, figs are rich in sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
And Fresh Figs add uniqueness and elegance to the salad.
- 2 cups quartered fresh figs
- 2 cups any salad mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
1. Mix together figs, salad mix, tomatoes, and mint. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
2. Prepare a vinaigrette with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour on top and serve.