My pumpkin crazy is on, and I’ve been looking for new ideas to not only add more healthy recipes to my Paleo menu, but also to incorporate pumpkin as much as possible.
It’s that time of the year for all the stores to carry pumpkins and I actually found Trader Joe’s to have the lowest prices on pumpkins and squashes. Since pumpkin is so good for you, I made it a part of my seasonal menu. A pumpkin a day, keeps the doctor away! Pumpkin is incredibly rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins, and low in sugar. Pumpkin is very high in potassium and vitamin A.
And what can be better and tastier especially to quench our junk food crave, then making pumpkin fries? So easy, healthy, and most of all tasty!
How to make Pumpkin Fries
- 1 medium pumpkin, sliced into equal size fries
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil (enough to coat the fries )
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add the pumpkin fries to a large bowl, drizzle with enough olive oil to coat, and sprinkle with the spice rub. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until they start to brown on the edges.