Despite their name, pine nuts are not really nuts. They are the edible seeds of pine trees. Pine nuts are actually hidden inside the pine cone, which can be extracted with a heating method. It takes quite a lot of work to remove them which makes pine nuts more expensive then other nuts.
Pine nuts are superior to all other nuts as their composition is truly impressive. Proteins contained in pine nuts possess the ideal composition of amino acids (because of this pine nuts are 90 % absorbed by our body). Only one hundred grams of pine nuts contain the daily recommended amount of such microelements as manganese, zinc, copper and cobalt.
15 Reasons Why Pine Nuts are Superior to All Other Nuts
- The amount of phosphatidic phosphorous content in pine nuts surpasses all other nuts.
- Pine nuts are a rich source of iodine. Scientists have established that 100 grams of pine nuts is enough to meet the daily needs of an adult in amino acids and such important nutrients as copper, cobalt, manganese, zinc.
- Pine nuts contain large amounts of oleic acid – an important monounsaturated fat that aids in controlling cholesterol levels.
- Pine nuts are rich in vitamins and fibers. They contain vitamins B1, B2, B3, which take part in the proper functioning of our nervous system. Fiber content in pine nuts helps to improve digestion.
- Pine nuts promote deep sleep. Pine nuts contain a great amount of tryptophan, an essential amino acid which aids in the production of serotonin and melatonin — neurotransmitters important for regular sleep.
- Pine nuts contain lutein. Lutein is a very important antioxidant which helps to improve vision and eye health.
- Pine nuts improve blood composition.
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system. This is due to the high content of vitamin K, copper, iron and manganese.
- Pine nuts contain 70% of your body’s required amino acids.
- Pine nuts contain vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant which fights free radicals that speed up the aging process.
- Strengthens bones and teeth. Pine nuts are a great source of Vitamin K which also improves blood circulation.
- Pine nuts contain Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system.
- Activates metabolic processes in the body.
- Pine nuts are known for their ability to help increase sexual potency in men.
- Pine nuts aid in weight loss as they stimulate the production of cholecystokinin, a hormone which signals to the brain that is the time to stop eating as soon as the body is satisfied.
In general, the absorption of pine nuts by your body is very effective and the benefits they provide are enormous!