Did you know that Queen Elizabeth drinks raw milk? According to some reports, she loves raw milk so much that when her grandchildren, Princes William and Harry studied at Eton, she asked one of the herdsmen to deliver raw milk from her Windsor herd to her grandchildren.
Pasteurization is a process in which the temperature of the milk kills useful bacteria, valuable enzymes and proteins. After pasteurization, you drink a dead liquid, which brings no benefit and may actually do more harm than good.
Is raw milk healthier than pasteurized?
Yes, If you drink fresh raw milk from healthy cows which are fed grass, it is quite beneficial for health.
The hidden truth behind Raw Milk Benefits: It is incredibly good for you!
- It is rich in enzymes and actually contains all 22 essential amino acids.
- Raw milk is a good source of calcium, also contains phosphorus (which is important for digestion). It is an excellent source of vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, which is hard to find in the non meat products.
- It contains 60 functional enzymes (some come from beneficial bacteria growing in raw milk).
- Raw Milk also contains vitamins A, B and C. Studies show that raw cow’s milk contains special enzymes and antibodies, which in fact make it less susceptible to bacteria.
- Conjugated linoleic acid helps prevent lipase from storing new fat cells in the body and thus prevents weight gain. CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, is also supposed to have many beneficial cancer fighting properties.
The underground culture of raw milk is becoming more and more popular but you have to decide for yourself whether raw milk is the right choice for you and your family.
The Untold Story of Milk, Revised and Updated: The History, Politics and Science of Nature’s Perfect Food: Raw Milk from Pasture-Fed Cows