How to prevent and eliminate wrinkles without spending a lot of money on expensive creams and even surgeries, is probably one of the most commonly googled topics by women. Oh, don’t we all want to have that young looking skin for life? I’ve stopped buying expensive products that are full of unnecessary toxins. Luckily, there are many natural remedies that can work miracles without any side effects. Since pumpkins are in season right now, I’ve decided to pay closer attention to this phenomenal vegetable that can do wonders for your skin.
Reasons to incorporate pumpkin into your skin treatment regiment:
- Pumpkin contains alpha hydroxy acids which will help with the removal of old skin. Alpha hydroxy acids have been used for centuries as a skin rejuvenating product. Alpha hydroxy acid removes dead skin cells and unveils the living cells underneath the dead ones. It’s the most common ingredient in anti-wrinkle products.
- Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotenoids (antioxidants which protect the skin from free-radical damage and thus aging). Your skin gets dry if you don’t get enough Vitamin A. Our bodies convert beta-carotene into vitamin A carotenoids.
- Sodium hyaluronate and fatty acids in pumpkin seed oil help hydrate and moisturize the skin thus eliminating the appearance of wrinkles. Fatty acids are necessary for cells to maintain membrane function. These fatty acids regulate proper skin oil production, which suits both oily and dry skin. A deficiency in essential fatty acids can result in premature wrinkles. This is due to the inability of unstable membranes to retain moisture.
- Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A, which helps speed up the renewal of cells. Vitamin C, also contained in pumpkins, elevates collagen and elastin production. These proteins support our skin’s firmness and elasticity. Eating more pumpkin will help you boost collagen production.
- Pumpkin is a good source of copper and zinc. These minerals are known for their ability to prevent acne. Zinc helps regulate excessive oil production which is why it aids in clearing up acne. It also helps to repair inflamed tissues.
The Easiest natural way to prevent wrinkles with pumpkin.
Natural Pumpkin Cream Face Mask Ingredients:
1/2 tsp honey
2 tsp canned or fresh pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp whole milk yogurt or kefir
Mix all ingredients and apply to face. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
Linked to Thank your bodyNot intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.