Celery Asparagus Soup with Goat Cheese
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed and chopped)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 cup minced leeks
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- pepper and sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot, add leeks, celery and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Cut the stalks of the asparagus into 1-inch lengths and add them to the pot.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper, nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a food processor, and purée (in batches if necessary), adding more broth as needed to adjust consistency. Serve hot, Garnish with crumbled goat cheese.