I think making perfect brownies is an art. Some come out dry, some chewy, but to make perfect paleo brownies is an even more complicated task. I tried many recipes until I’ve finally found a perfect one for me. It tastes even better refrigerated. You can top it with any berries, or just eat it plain.
- 9-10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup of whole milk organic yougurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- Place the medjool dates in a food processor and pulse until thoroughly pureed.
- Add whole milk yogurt and continue to pulse until blended with the dates.
- Add eggs, coconut oil, honey, coffee, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Blend everything together until you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil and pour in the batter. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check doneness.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- These brownies will taste even better once refrigerated overnight.