The mixture of all spices is powerful and absolutely delicious. You can make the jerk marinade a day in advance which will allow the chicken to get tender and juicy.
This content will be shown after all post
Pineapple Jerk Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- coconut oil for frying
- 2 bell peppers , sliced into strips
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Combine all ingredients for the jerk chicken in a zip lock bag; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate chicken to marinade several hours, or up to 24 hours.
- In a large saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add pineapple chunks and sliced onion. Cook until pineapple and onions start caramelizing.
- Add bell pepper strips and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade bag and add the chicken and its marinade to the pan, cook for about 2 minutes per side or until the chicken gets a nice caramelized crust. Season to taste.
- Add pineapple mixture to the chicken. Serve immediately.