Simple, delicious soup with just right amount of creaminess with no actual cream in it. A great winter soup!
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup with Almonds
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add cauliflower, salt and pepper. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower begins to soften
- Add curry powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add broth, sweet potato , salt, pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer, covered until cauliflower and sweet potato are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toast almonds on a baking sheet until a shade darker.
- Working in batches, puree the soup until smooth
- Heat the soup to serving temperature. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve roasted almonds as garnish on soup.